Key responsibilities include:
- Pursuing as many new opportunities as possible.
- Developing customer relationships that facilitate discovering and researching new business opportunities.
- Becoming the expert on what the customer really wants.
- Helping to position the company to win.
- Gathering intelligence and making sure the proposal reflects it.
The Business Development Manager is expected to gather intelligence about the customer, the opportunity, and the competition that will be crucial to winning the opportunity. Any intelligence you gather that indicates an opportunity is not real or worth pursuing is just as valuable as the intelligence that makes that opportunity look good.
Access to premium content items is limited to PropLIBRARY Subscribers
A subscription to PropLIBRARY unlocks hundreds of premium content items including recipes, forms, checklists, and more to make it easy to turn our recommendations into winning proposals. Subscribers can also use MustWin Now, our online proposal content planning tool.