Week 1: Welcome and the Basics
- Module 1.1 introduces students to the Hinz Academy Proposal Developer Boot Camp course and our first assignment.
- Exercise 1.1 introduces students to the basics of proposal writing and live editing.
Tuesday, 26-March-2019 through Thursday, 28-March-2019
- Module 1.2 introduces students to content planning and live editing.
- Exercise 1.2 allows students to apply the content planning and live editing process to a quick-turn proposal assignment.
Friday, 29-March-2019 through Monday, 1-April-2019
- Module 1.3 introduces students to proposal graphics design.
- Exercise 1.3 allows students to apply the graphics design process to a quick-turn proposal assignment.
- Exercise 1.4 allows students to participate in a group live edit.
At the end of this week you will be able to:
Learning Objectives - Module 1.1:
- Understand the basics of the Hinz Academy Proposal Developer Boot Camp Course (HAPD)
- Know what it takes to be successful in this course
- Locate the HAPD portals
- Understand proposal writing and editing basics
Learning Objectives - Module 1.2:
- Learning how to rapidly write and edit a draft proposal section ready for review
- Describing why the use of active voice is critical for proposal clarity
- Knowing how to solve basic writing problems
- Planning a proposal section to write rapidly
- Successfully writing the first and second drafts
- Performing a live edit with a partner to finalize a draft proposal section using the guidance in this module
Learning Objectives – Module 1.3:
- Understanding the value of compelling proposal graphics
- Describing what makes a proposal graphic compelling
- Describing what a concept of operations (CONOP) is
- Learning how to use the graphic storyboard template and outcomes table to create graphic concepts
- Learning how to create simple PowerPoint graphics
To Do List:
- Setup your laptops
- Attend the three lectures (Module 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3)
- Complete training assignments
- Participate in the partner live edits and group live edit
Access to premium content items is limited to PropLIBRARY Subscribers
A subscription to PropLIBRARY unlocks hundreds of premium content items including recipes, forms, checklists, and more to make it easy to turn our recommendations into winning proposals. Subscribers can also use MustWiin Now, our online proposal content planning tool.