Attributes of good themes:
- Does it reflect a result or benefit to the customer instead of an attribute of your offering?
- Does it matter?
- Is it believable?
- Does it address what the customer wants?
- Does it discriminate you from your competition?
- Does it reflect the conclusion you want the reader to reach?
- Can it be scored?
- Do not pass the “So what?” test
- Matter to the writer, but not to the evaluator
- Are impossible or not true except in the most legalistic ways
- Are true for everybody bidding or are universally true
- Are not credible
- Do not relate to the evaluation criteria
Are simply tacked on at the end instead of an integrated part of your story