Making effective bid decisions:
- Every pursuit progress review should be considered a “Bid/No Bid review.”
- Bid decisions should be about return on investment and not gambling.
- At each step, the decision should be whether to commit the resources required to get to the next decision point.
- You can't accurate predict your chances of winning, but you can assess whether you have met the conditions required to bid with a competitive advantage.
- The burden should be to justify pursuit of the opportunity, and not the other way around.
The MustWin Process has many points where it makes sense to pause and consider whether it is worth continuing the pursuit. Think of them as opportunities. They also provide criteria for your consideration under other topics.